Tuesday 23 February 2016

So far, so good

Today is day 4 and so far, things are going well. I've done 6 injections and tomorrow morning we add in the cetrotide so that'll bring me up to a grand total of 3 per day. Admittedly there were tears and a major attack of the nerves on the first day (and the second a little bit...) but by last night I was down to a minimum of squeaks and no tears so I'd call that progress.

Gonal F is a walk in the park. I can feel the needle going in but there's no pain. I also ice my tummy for about 10/15 minutes beforehand so that might be helping. It makes me feel like I'm doing something anyway so I'll keep at it regardless (the ice probably stings more than the needle!). The luveris a bit more of a challenge. There's definitely more of a sting to it but again, it's over quickly enough so it's nothing to worry about. I have a big problem with needles so I really feel that if I can do this, anyone can.

Mood-wise, I'm feeling good. Better than I felt this time last week to be honest. I'm not sure if it's a case of relief at finally feeling like we're doing something proactive, but I feel absolutely fine. I've been doing plenty of yoga and I find that helps, along with the acupuncture...so all in all, I feel quite calm about the whole thing. I'm aware that this could change at any second so I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Next week will bring it's own challenges so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. One thing I will say is that I am TIRED. It is seriously draining stuff. Also - hungry. I'm not sure if it's my body doing extra work, or if I just finally feel justified to allow myself to be lazy and eat every hour (living the dream!). Either way, I'm trying to go with it and just listen to what my body is telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment