Tuesday 10 May 2016

Bad blogger

So I haven't been the best blogger over the past few weeks. It's been a very up and down time for me and I've had some good days but unfortunately plenty of bad days too. Sometimes it just all feels so overwhelming.

Our plan is go for round 2 in June, following the exact same protocol as before. This is the bit I'm finding hard to swallow...I got pretty upset in the doctors office the day he gave us his opinion and recommendations. The alternative was that dreaded word...donor. Even though it's hard to tell at the stage our embryos stopped so abruptly, he said that if he had a gun to his head he'd wager that the problem was with the sperm, rather than the egg. This meant that he doesn't see any reason to change the protocol since things went so well up to that point. I think more to appease me than anything, he prescribed Metformin for me. My testosterone was in the normal range but in the higher end so he said he was happy for me to try it.

In the meantime, we're trying to get our heads around the donor suggestion just in case it's something we need to consider after this cycle. It's not an easy one but I don't imagine that the first time any couple hears that word in the doctor's office, is a particularly happy one. We're lucky that there are options out there though I guess and I know that people have grown their families very happily by using that option.

Apart from that, we've upped our supplements game DRAMATICALLY! We thought we took plenty before the last round but nowadays we're rattling as we walk. We probably take about 20 tablets each a day. We're both doing acupuncture now but I've taken a backseat in that department because we can't afford for us both to attend regularly.

In the meantime, we're trying hard to stick to our diet. Sometimes it's more successful than others! We've lost some of the motivation and enthusiasm that drove us on before the last cycle. All I can do is take it day by day and before I know it, cycle 2 will be upon us. About 5/6 weeks and counting....until here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment